Sun, Oct 22|
You are a star!
Begin exploring the world of stars in this 1 day class whilst creating your own beautiful Star block that’s unique to your creativity!
Time & Location
Oct 22, 2023, 10:00 AM GMT+11 – Oct 23, 2023, 4:00 PM GMT+11
Armidale, Unit 3/11 Marsh St, Armidale NSW 2350, Australia
About the event
Using easily learned techniques, Learn how to create your star blocks, Learn about fabric selection, tips and tricks for piecing with better results in addition to learning about effectively selecting background colours.
- Background & border 3.7M x wof (110cm) quilting cotton in a solid colour such as white, cream or grey are recommended to make colours best shine.
- 16 assorted prints can be from the stash or scraps so long as you can yield 4 x 7 1/2” squares from the one print
- 60cm x wof (110cm) quilting fabric for binding bassed of 2 1/2” strips or you could Make a scrappy binding measuring a total 380” in length
- Batting needs to be at least a 220cm square
- Backing fabric can be either 2.25M of widleback quilt fabric (108” wide) or 5M x 110cm quilting fabric pieced
- Sewing machine, cleaned and oiled and ready to stitch!
- Fresh sewing machine needle
- Thread to match
- Rotary cutter
- Cutting mat
- 2B and coloured pencils
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THREADS & OTHER CLASS REQUIREMENTS PLEASE CONTACT HOUSE OF JACKSON ON 0429994338.
Meet the Teachers - Jackson & Emm
Jackson is passionate about patchwork & quilting and longarm quilting and loves to share his knowledge to help others in their quilting journey. Jackson has been quilting for nearly 10 years and still has new ideas for quilts all the time!
Emm (AKA Emily Hedger) has been sewing and quilting for so long she has almost forgotten when it all began! Emm is fueled with a desire to constantly explore the possibilities of patchwork and quilting, and loves to share her experience, and her absolute love of all things fabric!
The advantage of having two passionate tutors in the classroom is you can see how two different quilters see the word of fabric and learn from each other, bouncing ideas, a friendly banter, and sharing the love of our craft. Our tutors ensure that everyone gets time with a tutor, as we nurture you through your learning journey.
- In the odd event of cancelation House of Jackson reserves the right to cancel the class with 7 days notice, in the event of a cancelation you will receive an email notifying of the decision & can choose to have the class credited to future classes or a refund within 21 days
- In the odd event you are unable to attend please contact House of Jackson via email :email@example.com 7 days prior to event commencing where you can choose to receive a refund within 21 days or have credit for future classes
- If you have any questions, issues or wish to get a refund, contact House of Jackson via email :firstname.lastname@example.org 7 days prior to event commencing
- Ticket type
Your a star
Ticket to Your a star class at House of Jackson Location: Shop 3/ 11 Marsh st Armidale NSW 2350 Sunday 22nd October 10 AM - 4 PMPriceA$85.00