Sun, Oct 15|
Begin exploring the world of applique in this 1 day class whilst creating your own beautiful Flower that’s unique to your creativity!
Time & Location
Oct 15, 2023, 10:00 AM GMT+11 – Oct 16, 2023, 4:00 PM GMT+11
Armidale, Unit 3/11 Marsh St, Armidale NSW 2350, Australia
About the event
Begin exploring the world of applique in this 1 day class whilst creating your own beautiful Flower that’s unique to your creativity! This class will cover a variety of techniques primarily focusing on layered raw edge applique, machine stitching applique, and fabric selection along tips and tricks to help you with mastering applique! The class includes a hard copy pattern of Jackson's original owl design, Visoflex for your project, notebook to take some notes of things that you have learnt during the class.
(Morning & Afternoon tea provided ) Tea & Coffee included. Kitchenette facilities available at studio - please bring your own lunch.
Please make dietary requirements known in notes section at checkout.
For the class requirements you will be needing to bring along
- A assortment of fabrics in a range of pinks, purple & greens approximately 10 inches square of 15-20 different fabrics ( you can bring along a small selection of scraps, scraps work well with Applique)
- 20 inch square for background
- Bring your machine ensuring that it is cleaned, oiled & has a brand-new needle in ready to start a new project
- Pair of fabric scissors
- lead pencil
- Selection of sewing threads matching selected fabrics
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THREADS & OTHER CLASS REQUIREMENTS PLEASE CONTACT HOUSE OF JACKSON ON 0429994338.
Meet the Teachers - Jackson & Emm
Jackson is passionate about patchwork & quilting and longarm quilting and loves to share his knowledge to help others in their quilting journey. Jackson has been quilting for nearly 10 years and still has new ideas for quilts all the time!
Emm (AKA Emily Hedger) has been sewing and quilting for so long she has almost forgotten when it all began! Emm is fueled with a desire to constantly explore the possibilities of patchwork and quilting, and loves to share her experience, and her absolute love of all things fabric!
The advantage of having two passionate tutors in the classroom is you can see how two different quilters see the word of fabric and learn from each other, bouncing ideas, a friendly banter, and sharing the love of our craft. Our tutors ensure that everyone gets time with a tutor, as we nurture you through your learning journey.
- In the odd event of cancelation House of Jackson reserves the right to cancel the class with 7 days notice, in the event of a cancelation you will receive an email notifying of the decision & can choose to have the class credited to future classes or a refund within 21 days
- In the odd event you are unable to attend please contact House of Jackson via email :firstname.lastname@example.org 7 days prior to event commencing where you can choose to receive a refund within 21 days or have credit for future classes
- If you have any questions, issues or wish to get a refund, contact House of Jackson via email :email@example.com 7 days prior to event commencing
- Ticket type
Applique flower Class
Ticket to Attend Applique flower class at House of Jackson Location: Shop 3/ 11 Marsh st Armidale NSW 2350 15 October 10 AM - 4 PMPriceA$85.00